Monday, July 23, 2012

Make The Choice: Shrimp Cocktail vs. Loaded Baked Potato Skins

TGI Friday's is one of the easiest places for me to go to when I am dining out since it is right down the street from me. Before I started this experiment, I used to try everything on their menu and just went with whatever I was craving that day. However, I went just the other week and realized just how this experiment in low-calorie dieting would open my eyes to a new way of looking at how I make my choices when I eat out.

First off, I love this new trend of restaurants posting the calorie count on their menu because it makes it so much easier for me to maintain my diet in case MyFitnessPal doesn't have that restaurant in their database. When I went to TGI Friday's, I was looking at the appetizers I usually ordered. My two favorites are the Shrimp Cocktail and the Loaded Potato Skins. However, when I took a look at the calorie count for each, my jaw hit the floor.


The Shrimp Cocktail = 100 calories. The Loaded Potato Skins = 2030 calories!!! Woah! The power of information is amazing. I knew in my gut there would be an obvious difference, but I had no idea how HUGE of a difference.

I personally like both equally and happily ordered my shrimp cocktail and will definitely be more conscious in the future. 

Note: I wouldn't recommend either if you have problems with cholesterol.

What's your favorite food at TGI Friday's?

No comments:

Post a Comment