Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Custom Clothes: eShakti.com

I don't know if this happens to you, but when I go shopping at department stores in their plus size stores, I NEVER see the people that would actually fit the clothes they sell. The designers seem to think that if you are big in one area (i.e. chest and stomach), you must be big all over, and strangely, also tall. As a short but big girl, I struggle to find the right clothes for my body, especially work clothes.

So I did what any modern day woman would do. I Googled it. I used the search term "custom plus size clothes" and came across eShakti.com. I am fortunate enough to have a well-paying job, so I was willing to pay extra to get clothes that actually fit. To my utter surprise after browsing this site, I found out that I could get beautiful, dresses for almost any occasion for less than $100! Best of all, the customization is FREE!

I got out that measuring tape and put in my measurements and placed my first order. I customized to my measurements and changed the hem lines on some to make sure they were knee length and even added a sleeve to a dress. So easy!

I admit that I was afraid I would get low-quality, Forever-21 type clothing that would get destroyed after one wear. Luckily, when the dresses arrived, they not only fit me perfectly, but they were good quality, comfortable and work-appropriate. If not for the little tag at the collar that said eShakti, you wouldn't know that I didn't find these dresses at Nordstrom or Macy's. The above dress, called the Ruffle Cascade Dress (STYLE # CL0023400_OS), is on sale right now for $35.95! What a steal for a dress that fits me perfectly.

Where do you buy your plus-size clothes?

No comments:

Post a Comment