Thursday, August 16, 2012

Low Cal Drive Thru: McDonald's Chicken Nuggets

Now one of my staples before this diet were 10-piece McDonald's Chicken Nuggets with sweet and sour sauce, French Fries and a Diet Coke. Especially when I had a late night at work and needed a quick dinner. Of course that was a terrible idea since that is 900 calories of junk!

However, once in awhile I do miss it, and I realized if I cut out the fries and reduce the amount of nuggets, it's not such a bad little splurge during lunchtime. 280 calories for the 6-piece nuggets and 50 calories for the sweet and sour sauce (or choose your own), make a neat little 330 calorie lunch. Add veggies or a light salad to finish out the meal and it's not so bad.


Again, I do NOT recommend this as a regular meal, but sometime you need something to get through it and it is better to squash a craving real quick than to let it simmer until you binge.

What's your favorite nugget sauce?

No comments:

Post a Comment