Friday, August 24, 2012

Tested Low-Calorie Recipe: 33-Calorie "Cheesecake"

I am sure many of you have seen the Pinterest pin making its rounds touting 33-calorie cheesecake. Click here for the original recipe.

Well if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If you like cheesecake that tastes like higher-calorie cottage cheese, then maybe this will work for you, but it was definitely not sweet or dense enough for me to consider it even close to a cheesecake. I had a couple of people taste test it and they all seemed to agree that it is edible, but not something they would reach for. In fact, if you do like the flavor of this, I recommend just eating fruit with cottage cheese because it is essentially the same thing with fewer calories.

The finished product was pretty though:


This is my first low-calorie recipe fail, so I would love to hear from any of you that may have tried this with better results or have some tweaking suggestions to make this work. I would gladly have a 50-calorie or even 100-calorie version of this cheesecake if I could figure out how to do it, so please share your ideas below!

What was your latest recipe fail?

No comments:

Post a Comment