Saturday, August 25, 2012

Switch It Up: Snackwell's Fudge Petites vs. Fudge Stripe Cookies

Cookies is definitely my favorite thing to work into my low-calorie diet, because I never thought Cookie and Diet could possibly go together (well, except for the actual cookie diet that tastes terrible and doesn't work for me). Well here is one more to add to my growing list of low-calorie cookie snacks: Snackwell's Fudge Petites.


These packs are only 100 calories each and taste exactly like those Keebler Fudge Shoppe Fudge Stripes Cookies.

Now the difference isn't really in the calories (1 pack of Snackwell's vs. 2 Fudge Stripe cookies are both 100 calories), but the portion control. If I had a whole package of Keebler's cookies, I would probably not stop myself at 2 cookies, whereas if all I bring with me to work is one pack of Snackwell's, I'd be happy with just one pack. Most of this low-calorie experiment, I've realized, is a mental game of realizing that the way food is presented can affect how satisfied you feel. And you know me, I do not like depriving myself if I want something.

What are your portion control tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment