Sunday, September 23, 2012

Low Cal Drive Thru: Krispy Kreme Mini Original Glazed Donuts

OMG! Krispy Kreme makes a 90-calorie donut!!!!!

Sorry, maybe I should start from the beginning. I have been having this unbelievable craving for donuts since, well, ever, and I just could not take it anymore. A few days ago, I decided I was going to splurge and go over my calories just so I could have a donut. I went to Ralph's and thought, a donut here must be lower in calories than Krispy Kreme. NOPE! To my disappointment, that little splurge cost me 310 calories! Compare that to the 190 in Krispy Kreme's Original Glazed.

So tonight when I was late at the office and the craving was overpowering me, I decided I had to go to Krispy Kreme for a donut fix. As I scanned the menu, I saw the light, errr, the light behind the sign advertising their MINI donuts! Whoop! I wasn't hungry for food, since I just had dinner, I just needed a donut fix, so this was PERFECT. I was sure it would be less than the 190, but didn't compute that since it was so little, it would be only 90 calories. Triple win!


After a bit of Googling, it seems this has been around for 3 years. Why has nobody told me?! Oh well, probably wouldn't have cared 3 years ago when I wasn't on this low-calorie adventure :)


Now, I would never recommend this as a healthy option AT ALL. It is still a splurge because of all the sugar, and half the calories is pure fat, BUT if you are like me and just cannot take it anymore, this is a great craving fixer. Also, FYI, the mini chocolate iced glazed is 110 calories, and the mini chocolate iced with sprinkles is 130 calories.

What's your favorite Krispy Kreme flavor?

No comments:

Post a Comment