Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Switch It Up: Corner Bakery Pasta vs. Sandwich

I went to lunch with my cousins today to Corner Bakery and I was about to order my usual Chicken Pesto sandwich which is a hearty 680 calories, but only 340 if you eat half that and you can add a low-calorie side dish like a salad. The line was particularly long so I decided to peruse the rest of the menu. I went to the pasta section and of course most of it was 1,000 calories PLUS for an entree, until my eyes landed on the new menu item, the Cavatappi with Marinara.


At only 460 calories for the ENTREE size, I was shocked that it was fewer calories than a full Chicken Pesto sandwich. I guess my thought was cheese PLUS carbs = calorie overload. I happily decided to try this pasta dish. It was hearty, filling and hit the spot. If I wasn't so hungry, I could have probably gone for the cafe sized for fewer calories, but I decided to indulge a little. The garlic bread was an additional 110 calories, but it was worth it :)

Try this out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment